could not resist the K-5 II offer

Started Jul 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Petroglyph
Senior MemberPosts: 2,589Gear list
Like?
Re: could not resist the K-5 II offer
In reply to Kerusker, Jul 7, 2013

Kerusker wrote:

yes I upgraded from my K-5 to the K-5 II because of a special offer adding to the PENTAX cash back (50 €). The K-5 IIs would be 350€ more currently in Germany.

Main reason: I wanted to check the new AF sensor for apertures of 2.8 or faster.

My K-5 is very bad in catch in focus (CIF) with my old M and A lenses (28/2, 35/2, 50/1.4, 85/2) but hurrayh - the K-5 II does a very good job with it's additional center sensor for fast lenses.

Very interesting information.  Thank you.

That's the main reason why I will keep it. For the first time I can securely focus my fast M and A lenses.

I can use CIF or the focus confirmation (hexagon) for fast lenses now.

It seems I was lucky to get one of the better bodies:

Manufactured in January this year having Production Code 2.2.

I tested a K-5 II from Oct 2012 with Production Code 2.1 for a week and I didn't see too much difference to my K-5.

Do you think Pentax have updated the firmware in this interval?  The K5 went to ver. 1.14 somewhere in there.

When I switched from SLR to DSLR, about 2008 I bought three used K10Ds with Prod. Codes 1.1, 2.2 and finally 2.1 (because of a high external serial number). The second one was the best of those.

Does anybody know the meaning of the second digit of the PENTAX camera Production Code (in EXIF data)?

Now I will sell some bodies and/or lenses to justify the upgrade.

-- hide signature --

][.Kerusker
we don't see that we don't see (eye's blind spot)

Petroglyph's gear list:Petroglyph's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow