Would you consider the 70D to be

Started Jul 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
BillsLIPhotos
Contributing MemberPosts: 656
Like?
Re: Would you consider the 70D to be
In reply to Private Custard, Jul 7, 2013

Private Custard wrote:

I'd be happy paying less money for a camera without live view and video.

I just want it to take stills brilliantly (using the viewfinder), all this other crap is a waste of time......in my opinion anyway.

I don't care about video myself but I do find live view to be useful when taking long exposures. I am able to put a 10 stop ND filter on my lens, compose, and focus using live view. Looking though the view finder it's completely black. I used to compose, focus, switch to manual, put the ND filter on and then shoot. Usually I moved something a little bit which isn't the end of the world. A friend suggested using live view and I was pleasantly surprised. For this reason I want live view.

More on topic - I wouldn't consider the 70D to be an upgrade. Just an updated version of the lower end model. I'm sure there will be something better than the current 7D (hopefully the sensor) but if I had a 7D there is no way I would trade it for the 70D. That said, for me personally, the 70D works out well for me since it uses SD cards, the same remote shutter release, has all of the functionality I really need, and it is a bit cheaper so I will finally upgrade for 450D. I was actually looking to buy a 7D earlier this spring and the store was out of stock so I decided to wait a little longer. Buying 6 CF cards and a new remote shutter release doesn't sound like a lot but it adds another $2-300 to the cost of the camera for me...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
NoNew
NoNew
No.New
yesNew
No!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow