Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sigala1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,796
Like?
Goodbye Olympus, hello Panasonic
9 months ago

I'm tired of purple fringing all over my Olympus photos.

Photo on the left was the 14mm f/2.5 lens on an Olympus E-M5. On the right is the same lens on a Pansonic GF5.

On both cameras, the resolution is sucky (this is near the upper left corner, but not the extreme corner), both the Panasonic and Olympus kit zooms are sharper (but not the PZ pancake zoom which sucks even worse than the 14mm pancake), but at least on the Panasonic camera there is no yucky purple fringe.

The only way to avoid fringing on an Olympus camera when taking these outdoors pictures of buildings is to use an expensive Olympus prime lens like the 17mm f/1.8.

So I just ordered myself a brand new G5 for only $350 on the internet. (GF5 is nice for it's small size, but I can't see the screen ins sunlight and the sensor is barely any better than my LX7 compact camera.) Why did I waste so much money buying an E-M5 and an E-PM2? Superior Sony sensor maybe, but crappy fringing all over the photos.

Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow