Started Jul 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MikeFromMesa
Senior MemberPosts: 2,849
Like?
Selecting a range of items on the Mac
Jul 7, 2013

I wanted to select a large group of images in Finder so I could open Preview to look at them. I know I should know how to do this but I am so new to the Mac that I just don't and a Google search only told me what I already knew - that I could select multiple items, one at a time.

On Windows I would just select the first, press the shift key and select the last and then all items in Explorer would be selected. I tried this in Finder and it did not work. I tried it with the Command key, with the Option key with the Control key, with the Fn key and with all of them with the Shift key and nothing worked. I then tried combinations (Command-Option-Shift, etc) but that did not work either. Oh, I could select multiple items, one at a time, but not a range of items.

I am sure there is a way to do this. I don't need to select everything in the folder, just the range of items from the first to the last. Stupid question, I know, but how do I do this in Finder?

Thanks.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow