I'm debating: Micro Four Thirds or Nikon 1 system? Locked

Started Jun 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Dawindyk
Regular MemberPosts: 101
Re: I'm debating: Micro Four Thirds or Nikon 1 system?
In reply to Trevor G, Jul 7, 2013

REShultz wrote:

yslee1 wrote:

Trevor G wrote:

If you want to use manual focus only.

If you want to use AF then the Nikon V1 is a far superior option because of the availability of affordable, quality, f2.8 zooming AF lenses. You cannot get that with µ4/3.

What affordable f/2.8 zoom lenses are there for the V1? Last I checked, they're all consumer zooms with f/3.5-5.6 variable apertures.

Perhaps he means with the adapter?... not sure, but like you I don't know of any 2.8 native zooms.

He did, indeed, mean "with the FT-1 adaptor."

The FT-1 lets you AF  any AF-S (motorised) lens in both S and C modes now. That's a lot of high grade lens choices once you consider after-market manufacturers.

-- hide signature --

Cheers
Trevor G
Silkypix tutorials at: http://photo.computerwyse.com

So You want to put a lens with adapter that weights almost three times more than body (which is additionally grip less other than v2)? Have you considered this: When using the adapter with lenses weighing over 380 g (13.4 oz), support the lens when holding the camera and do not use the camera strap. Failure to observe these precautions could damage the camera lens mount.
So basically you need at least monopod to be able to use most of lenses - doesn't sound too portable for me

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow