Getting to the 500mm range without spending $10K+

Started Jun 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,829Gear list
Like?
Re: Lesser gear is not a waste
In reply to joger, Jul 7, 2013

joger wrote:

All conventional AF systems today have there shortcomings - I see no dramatic difference between them in my own and the results from others. Yes I do see a difference and convenience aspects but maybe I am too old to play with all those knobs and I don't want to change the AF clusters in my camera constantly to fine tune them to my current task.

-- hide signature --

So, instead of changing the AF clusters (pointless in your camera, but you could easily buy the much better 5D3) which you would find burdensome, you prefer to lug around a tripod the size of a small horse with a ballhead, gimbals, olives vines and citrus fruit and make it much easier for yourself...

Naw..

The focus and the sharpness of the horse picture is brilliant, BUT there is colourful out of focus stuff which detracts from the picture. So, it's NOT technically brialliant. Instead of being obsessed with the ultimate sharpness, look for that kind of stuff and eliminate it..

Oh and trade in the 5D2 and get a 5D3 or a 1Dx or any camera that doesn't have an antedeluvian autofocus system..

as you alway add, yourself

Níor bhris focal maith fiacail riamh (Irish Gaelic)
A good word never broke a tooth.

Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee's gear list:Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Fujifilm X10 Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Canon EOS-1D Mark IV +27 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow