Started Jun 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
joger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,575Gear list
Like?
Re: Lesser gear is not a waste
In reply to schmegg, Jul 7, 2013

schmegg wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

I agreed 5D2 individual AF with center-point only is very accurate.

Imagine having 61 of them covering the frame!

(Oh wait - you don't need to imagine it - you have it now)

and soon we will have 18 Million of AF points on the sensor or maybe even 30 Million on FF

Imagine how that rocks

either way - on sensor AF will be the game changer where I acknowledge that we really see an advantage and not just a another one eyed man in the land of the blind.

All conventional AF systems today have there shortcomings - I see no dramatic difference between them in my own and the results from others. Yes I do see a difference and convenience aspects but maybe I am too old to play with all those knobs and I don't want to change the AF clusters in my camera constantly to fine tune them to my current task.

What i would like to see is the technology that has been presented with the 70D sensor but as the main AF system and not as an aid of the video system. With automated face and pattern recognition and 18 or 30 or maybe 50 Million AF points.

The difference between the AF system and the señor surface is always present - yesterday we tested the 28-300 on a D800E and found out that it is nearly impossible to focus this lens manually or automated perfectly - if you focus it perfectly it is quite near (in the center of the frame) to the performance (resolution and sharpness) of the 70-200 f/2.8 VR.

What I do (if the subject is slow enough) is to use live view focussing (already today) - then the focus is really spot on and only then the focus is really perfect for the shallow depth of field my lenses generate (sometimes)

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow