Started Jul 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lenshoarder
Contributing MemberPosts: 597
Like?
Replace my RX100 with a HX50V?
Jul 7, 2013

I actually considered it today.  I was at a Sony store and tried out the HX50V.  It was amazing.  The zoom is phenomenal.  I hate digital zooms but I have to say that even the digital zoom on the HX50V is amazing.  I'll have to say it's been than what post procesing could do.  Sony must be working some magic like they do with handheld twilight mode.  At the review after you take the shot, it looks horrible.  Then the camera thinks for a second or two and updates the review and it's beautiful.  Just like what happens with handheld twilight mode.  I was all the way on the other side of the showroom from someone trying out a desktop.  I could zoom in so tight that the text on the screen looked like I was shooting it in macro mode.  With my naked eye, it was just a tiny glowing screen.

Sony has proven that it can make a decent grip on the HX50V.  It's not the different in size than the RX100.  Why don't they put the same grip on the RX100?

I walked out of that store seriously considering replacing my RX100 with a HX50V for travel.  Then I got home and compared images at imaging resources.  That broke the spell.  The HX50V is a phenomenal zoom camera.  The RX100 has much better IQ.  Maybe I should start carrying around two cameras.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow