Switch from Canon to Nikon - advice on lenses

Started Jul 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rexgig0
Senior MemberPosts: 1,576Gear list
Like?
Re: This move would be a down-grade in lenses!
In reply to Rexgig0, Jul 7, 2013

Sorry for the lack of text in my above post; my fingers outran this sluggish iPad.

You would be downgrading your lenses, AND, quite importantly, switching to a camera with a dinkier grip. The 7D has a more hand-filling grip area than the D600. Depending upon your hand size, this could be quite important. Really, lenses are more important than the camera, or the sensor size. Your proposed switch would be a notable down-grade. Your 10-22mm EF-S, in particular, is quite excellent in the ultra-wide class; mine is virtually welded onto one of my 7D bodies. I am less familiar with the Nikon zoom you mentioned, in relation to the other Canon zooms.

I am not a Canon fan-boy trying to keep you from jumping ship. I use both Canon and Nikon cameras, and sometimes Nikkor lenses on my Canon bodies. Life is good!

-- hide signature --

I wear a badge and pistol, and, primarily with 7D cameras, shoot evidentiary images at night, which incorporates elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, PJ, and occasional action.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 40D Nikon D700 +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow