D5200 compared to D5100 - could I expect much difference.

Started Jul 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
sicherheit
Regular MemberPosts: 496
Like?
Re: D5200 compared to D5100 - could I expect much difference.
In reply to KennyXL, Jul 6, 2013

KennyXL wrote:

It's my understanding that the D5100 is slightly better in low light/high ISO situations than the D5200. You'd really have to be looking to see the difference, but many people who've had both (myself included) think the D5100 is marginally better in those situations. In practically every other scenario, you'll see a marginal difference if any. In sharpness, I imagine the D5200 is better due to the 50% increase in megapixels. For sheer features, the D5200 wins in just about every category over the D5100. Personally, If I had to have an articulating lens and I had to buy one of them again, I'd probably go with the D5100 because that low light and cost savings with the D5100 is compelling.

Thanks Kenny, it's useful having info from somebody who has both. My main thinking is that I would be able to get better results when cropping due tthe higher pixel count in situations where the subject is more distant and I can't get close enough. Improvement in AF speed was also a consideration, do you notice any difference?

-- hide signature --

JohnB
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3182/2298450593_a65e0ee642_m.jpg
One photo out of focus is a mistake, ten photos out of focus are an experimentation, one hundred photos out of focus are a style. Anon

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow