Started Jul 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Norge10
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Back in the day!
Jul 6, 2013

I feel for guys starting out these days with the high price of equipment.  I have been taking pictures for over 40 years encluding wedding pictures for family and friends . Now I never considered myself a professional and I charged them just enough cover exspenses and maybe a tip depending how satisfied they were with the pictures.    Many years ago I took a photography  course at the local high school.  I had either Praktica or a Minolta x-700 at that time, I can't remember which. But this  posting isn't about me.  It is about a lady in the class who had a old Kodak Instamatic camera of some kind and that lady took about the best pictures in the entire class.  I remember one picture she took of just the front door in her house which was outstanding and better than the pictures the rest of class took with our more advanced cameras.  It goes to show that it isn't the the camera, but the skill of the photogragher.  Now I have sense went digital but I have a soft spot for the older,simpler  cameras.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow