X30 Feature Request

Started Jan 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tapper123
Senior MemberPosts: 1,042Gear list
Like?
If X30 rumors are correct...
In reply to silps, 9 months ago

If the recent "xjrumor" rumor is correct, then the X30 could be very exciting. If they can integrate a sensor bigger than the RX100 (something like the Canon G1X sensor), maintain the body size, keep the viewfinder, add a flip screen it could be truly special. The hardest part, I would guess, would be the lens, since it would need to get bigger for the sensor. Personally I'd prefer they cut some of the tele end, and start the wide end at 24mm, maybe 24mm - 85mm equiv for example.

My fear is that Fuji will be afraid to make the X30 too good, lest it compete against the X100 series. With a sensor just 20% smaller than the APS-C X cameras, and a good quality integrated zoom, the X30 could be virtually as good for most uses.

I hope the xjrumo rumor is correct. I love the Sony RX series, and I have an RX100 II pre-ordered, but it's sad there is no real competition for the RX cameras. The rumored X30 could finally give some competition, albeit the body size would still make the RX100 series the best small size camera. But the X30 could become the best jacket pocket size camera with a zoom lens and VF.

Tapper123's gear list:Tapper123's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony Alpha NEX-F3 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow