Adorama seliing used / returned GX1 body as new Locked

Started Jun 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Hongze
New MemberPosts: 5Gear list
Re: Did you work things out with Adorama?
In reply to JerryDavis, Jul 6, 2013

JerryDavis wrote:

Hongze wrote:

JerryDavis wrote:

Hongze wrote:

JerryDavis wrote:

MichaelKJ wrote:

JerryDavis wrote:

MichaelKJ wrote:

sanath444 wrote:

Today I picked up a GX1 body I ordered from Adorama from my mail box in Niagara Falls, NY. I was very disappointed to see that it came in an old beaten up Panasonic box with a "Graded by 'Warehouse deal' sticker. The camera is obviously an open box or a return. Probably, Amazon return, resold by Adorama, Other than couple of specks of dust on the senor, the camera has no obvious defect in the camera.

Returning to Adorama is a hassle because I got the camera shipped to Niagara Fals, USA. If I got it shipped to my home address i would have returned it.

Why the deception adorama? If it is a 'Warehouse deal why not tell the customers or say so in the web site.

You received a post here 9 hours ago from Adorama (Jerry Davis). Since then you have gone silent. I assume you have been in touch with Adorama. Please let us know about your interaction with them.

I have as of yet not heard a word.

-- hide signature --

Jerry Greenbaum
Adorama-Supervisor

Very strange. I assumed he contacted you and simply didn't care to post here because you had dealt with his problem responsibly.

I do think many of us are curious about how you could have shipped a box with an Amazon Warehouse Deals label on it (assuming the OP is being honest about this). Do you have an explanation for this?

No he still hasn't contacted me. He also has not replied to my original reply to him. which said we will gladly pick it up from his location at no charge and take care of everything. Until we can see the actual package there is no way of investigating how this could have happened. As soon as he contacts us I will certainly post what transpired.

-- hide signature --

Jerry Greenbaum
Adorama-Supervisor

Hi Jerry,

I experienced the same thing last week. I ordered a new black GX1 from you guys and received a box with a "Graded by WAREHOUSEDEALS" tag. To be fair, everything in the box look brand new. The order number is 13028667-1. If you still have inventory of the brand new black ones, can you help arrange a replacement?

I actually bought a "Warehousedeal" GX1 from LP Robert on Amazon and be happy with it. The one I order from Adaroma is a gift for my nephew so the look of the box counts.

Btw, I have a VF2 with you on back order. Any idea when you will get it back in stock?

Thanks,

Hongze

Hi Hongze,

I have emailed our warehouse and our buyer to see where these cameras came from. I just called my store directly and they have a black one. I have put it on hold for you. I have contacted my customer service team and they are emailing you a UPS return label for the one you have. We will send out the new one upon receipt of the return. As far as the back-ordered VF2 it should be available within 10 days.

-- hide signature --

Jerry Greenbaum
Adorama-Supervisor

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for you response! Will drop the box today and report back here.

Hongze

My pleasure!

-- hide signature --

Jerry Greenbaum
Adorama-Supervisor

Got the tracking on Friday. Shown the replacement will be delivered on Monday 7/8. I will update once received it.

Hongze

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow