schmegg
schmegg MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,210
Like?
Re: Lesser gear is not a waste
In reply to joger, Jul 6, 2013

joger wrote:

schmegg wrote:

Sharpness is only one factor in making a compelling image though.

It strikes me as ironic that you consider stitching multiple exposures to make up an image to be perfectly OK but could be "shocked" that someone might wish to combine multiple images in a different way.

And your point that more IS "does not harm" can equally be applied to AF performance!

You seem to think that if a feature or compromise is not valid for you personally, then it is simple not valid at all. You are wrong about this my friend.

you interpret far too much in my postings - far too much.

Perhaps - or perhaps I simply read what you wrote.

stitching four or five individual carefully focussed images from tripod with MLU and IR remote release introduces no mirror slap => thus the least possible amount of unsharp pixels caused by camera movement.

But "stitching four or five individual carefully focussed images from tripod with MLU and IR remote release" will not help if the scene DR exceeds the capabilities of your camera.

I am absolutely consistent in my thinking here.

Sure - but you are ignoring other situations.

Why you should be "shocked" that someone should use a different technique to you is beyond me TBH. But the technique certainly has its uses, regardless of if you think it's "sensible" or not.

Likewise, saying IS performance is more important than AF performance is quite blinkered (to put it nicely). The assertion is, quite frankly, absurd.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow