Is there a mac in Apple's current lineup where RAM and HARD DRIVE are easy to access and replace?

Started Jul 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Evil Genius
Forum MemberPosts: 73
Like?
Is there a mac in Apple's current lineup where RAM and HARD DRIVE are easy to access and replace?
Jul 6, 2013

Now that they discontinued the Mac Pro in Europe which I was going to get next spring I kinda feel like I'm out of good options. I don't want to buy a new mac every couple of years or bring it to apple for overpriced servicing when my hard drive fails. Besides now that Adobe has discontinued the Creative Suite I won't have a reason to upgrade my computer - ever - for any reason as I am not going to rent my software and instead stick to the CS products that I already own.

Durability and longevity is therefore the idea! Fixing the machine and making it work as long as possible!

I need a mac with RAID 1 if possible (but I'm pretty sure that doesn't exist), where I can quickly start work again if a hard drive fails, just pull out, put a new one in and copy my date onto the new one with a backup.

Unfortunately it seems that there are no interesting options for me at the moment! I have a Mac Mini that dates back to 2011 or 2012 and in order to replace the hard drive I would have to take it apart completely!

Does anyone have any ideas, or input? Don't suggest buying a used Mac Pro, I won't. I like my possessions to be flawless and all the used Mac Pros I have seen are covered in scratches, besides when buying used you never know what you're gonna get.

A friend of mine told me that it was legal to make a Hackintosh in Europe because some of the things in the Apple Use Conditions are illegal in European Law and therefore invalid, I wonder if this is true? In any case, a stable machine is also important, I can't afford to deal with crashes and such.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow