Former D300 user, where to go now?

Started Jun 30, 2013 | Questions thread
dacrema
Contributing MemberPosts: 571
Like?
Re: Former D300 user, where to go now?
In reply to KyrreTamber, Jul 6, 2013

I recently got a D600 and I am very happy with it.  The 7100 had not come out yet.  I went with the 600 after renting one for a day.  I found that I was shooting less sports and more family and friends. I wanted a camera that would perform better indoors with natural light, have more DR, and allow me to make better use of a 85 f 1.4 lens for the times I want a narrow DoF.  The D600 works fine for these items.  I also find that I really like the results with the kit lens.  I hope to eventually get a 24-70 f 2.8 but for now I am getting most of the results I want in the range with the kit lens.

I still have the D300 and use it a lot.  Just not indoors or for family shots in the back yard.  As my nephew gets older I'm sure I be shooting more sports and want the reach that comes with DX.  You can shoot the 600 in DX mode and have almost as many pixels on subject as a D200, but the auto focus array is a bit limiting when used in DX mode.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow