Why is my NEX not as good as RX100 or even LX5?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
kam_wa
Forum MemberPosts: 83
Like?
Re: OP is useless speculation
In reply to telefunk, 9 months ago

telefunk wrote:

Most reviewers seem to say that all the 16MP NEX sensors are more or less the same IQ wise. As I mentioned, I owned the NEX C3, then the NEX 7, then the NEX 3N. The Nex 3s with kit lens were not much better than a good P&S, as my little test shows. The NEX 7 is a different story alltogether, even with the 16-50 kit lens. If you buy a NEX, this is the only one to get.

So my conclusion is: A small sensor paired to an excellent lens (Leica, Zeiss in my case) is as good or better than an APC sensor with an average kit lens.

What say you Gandalf?

Hi, I'm been following this discussion from the start and I've been waiting for the actual samples of your shots, what you have shown us are only "screen captures" which have been zoomed down/scaled to fit on your computer screen and then saved as low resolution re-compressed images. Your samples images are useless to base any comparisons with. Please upload the original out of camera photos so we can get a better look at why you think the photos from your P&S cameras are better than the NEX.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow