Started Jul 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marla
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,793Gear list
Like?
E-PM2 vs E-PL5 .....need input....
Jul 6, 2013

Today I decided to invest in the E-PM2 as a 2nd camera (selling the GF1).   My main camera is the OMD, and the E-PM2 seems like a good option (good sale price too) to use as a carry-around camera - or when I would like to have 2 lenses available at the same time.

However, after MUCH last-minute research I'm wondering if the E-PL5 would be a better choice for the following reason:

My concern with the E-PM2 is that just about everything (settings, etc) has to be done via the LCD screen which is (apparently) difficult to read in daylight.  The E-PL5 has the same screen, but also has a few more dials (mode dial, etc) to work with.

This afternoon I read quite a few reviews on the web and this seems to be about the only complaint about the E-PM2.

The present sale price of $424 is very tempting, so I'm hoping my fears are unfounded!

I'd just like to have some input, thoughts, suggestions..... everything else about the E-PM2 looks great to me.

-- hide signature --

Maria

Marla's gear list:Marla's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +3 more
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow