Why did you buy a M4/3 camera?

Started Jul 5, 2013 | Polls thread
cornellra
Junior MemberPosts: 41Gear list
Like?
Re: Why did you buy a M4/3 camera?
In reply to Marty4650, Jul 5, 2013

I came from a Pentax K format, having shot that for about 4 years and a first gen Alpha before that.  I always had large bodies, which seemed smaller since i tended to migrate that way.  This said, the camera that is with you is the one you will shoot with and i left my old K7 at home more often than not.  i ended up shooting with my LX5 for many thousands of photos instead.

Led me to end up getting interested in M4/3 and what options i had there.  I admit i have diverged a bit after getting the 12-35 recently (not exactly small) but realistically, even that combo fits in my daybag and now my camera is with me everywhere i go.  If i want a smaller combo, i stick the Pany 14 and then i have an ultracompact with me.

BTW, after i got the E-M5, i tried using my K7 again after a few weeks and that seemed like a beast, more so with the 18-135 on it!  crazy!

-- hide signature --

===
Olympus OM-D E-M5
Pany 12-35, mZuiko 12-50, Pany 45-175 X, Pany 14 F2.5, Sigma 30

Pany LX5 , Fuji F500

cornellra's gear list:cornellra's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Fujifilm FinePix F500 EXR Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow