Why buy a new Fuji X lens, when you can buy an equivalent fixed lens body for less?

Started Jul 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Canadianguy
Contributing MemberPosts: 866
Like?
Re: Why buy a new Fuji X lens, when you can buy an equivalent fixed lens body for less?
In reply to Fenwoodian, Jul 5, 2013

Depends on what comes out from Fuji in the future in camera bodies.

If Fuji comes out with something that blows the competition out of the water in a camera body - your plan is a bad plan because you will want to upgrade your X-E1 body to the newer body and you will only have 1 lens for it.

If Fuji comes out with just minor refreshs - than your plan is a good plan because you won't need to upgrade your body and you have another body with lens to play with.

So it really depends if you have plans to upgrade your X-E1 in the future.

If you have no plans - get the GR. If you have plans to upgrade the body - invest your money in the system instead of buying another dead-end camera.

Fenwoodian wrote:

Own a Fuji XE-1. My widest lens is my Fuji 35mm. I've wanted a wider lens for some time now.

I've decided to buy the new Ricoh GR for my wide angle work, rather than a wide Fuji lens. My preferred angle of view is a 28mm lens on 35mm full frame. The Fuji 18mm is not their strongest lens and I don't like pancake lenses.

I was intending to buy the Fuji 23mm f/1.4 lens (35mm equivalent), but the Ricoh GR with 28mm equivalent lens is getting terrific ratings from the reviewers, and it costs less than what I expected the Fuji 23mm lens will cost when it comes out!

Now I'm getting my wide angle capability and a back up body! The only down side is now I'll need to buy some extra Ricoh batteries and other accessories.

What do you think of this plan????

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow