Why buy a new Fuji X lens, when you can buy an equivalent fixed lens body for less?

Started Jul 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Fenwoodian
Regular MemberPosts: 324
Like?
Re: Why buy a new Fuji X lens, when you can buy an equivalent fixed lens body for less?
In reply to 57LowRider, Jul 5, 2013

57LowRider wrote:

The 18 end of the 18-55 is pretty good. I'd like to see a direct comparison with the Ricoh GR, come to think of it.

Again, check out diglloyd.com . I subscribe to his mirrorless section. In it he posts super high resolution, Retina grade images of his tests. The only two systems that he found compared favorably to the sharpness/detail/microcontrast of the Ricoh GR were the Nikon D800E (with the best lenses) and the Sigma Merrill cameras (which I happen to also own).

Sorry, but the fact is that none of the current Fuji X lenses on a Fuji X camera compare with the super sharp Ricoh GR with fixed 18mm lens. No, not even the highly rated Fuji 35mm lens (which I own and know well) and the excellent Fuji 60mm lenses come close.

So, I don't need to conduct the comparison you've asked for, Diglloyd.com has already done all the testing needed to reach the conclusions I have stated above.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow