Why buy a new Fuji X lens, when you can buy an equivalent fixed lens body for less?

Started Jul 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Fenwoodian
Regular MemberPosts: 324
Like?
Re: Why buy a new Fuji X lens, when you can buy an equivalent fixed lens body for less?
In reply to Ed B, Jul 5, 2013

Ed B wrote:

You're plan may save a few dollars initially but as other's have already said, it has a down side.

Besides the fixed lens being slower there's no getting around the fact that once the camera breaks (and it will) you're back to square one and will have to spend more of your hard earned money just to have focal length that you want.

A good lens will last for many, many years and is a much better choice from a financial standpoint.

Besides that, having a "backup" camera that's a completely different brand is a pain in the neck (just an opinion).

Well said!

However, Fuji has no exceptional lenses at my favorite focal length - 28mm equivalent.  I would not consider the Fuji 18 or the Fuji 18 - 55 zoom, they are not in the same league from an IQ standpoint as the Ricoh GR fixed lens (don't believe me, buy a subscription to DigLoyd's Mirrorless blog and read his critical review of the Ricoh GR).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow