Fuji XE-1 post processing

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,040Gear list
Like?
Re: Capture 1
In reply to Keit ll, 9 months ago

Keit ll wrote:

I would be interested to know precisely what people find awkward or unacceptable with Silkypix ? I am not questioning the validity of this judgement as I last used SP several years ago but don't all converters require a learning curve before they become second nature ?

I tend to use a secondary processing program to backup any RAW converter but I know that some prefer to do all their editing in the one converter.

-- hide signature --

Keith C

only played with it a little long ago. Great conversion but the awkward aspect is basically about the controls being different with names that are a bit ocunter intuitive. Sort of like going from america to the UK, or vice versa, and having to drive on the other side of the road. Nothing wrong with either but a bit disorienting at first.

the only real tangible drawback to Silkypix is, I think, that it is not as goog as adobe or C1 in terms of pulling back extremely over or under exposed images, so DR is a bit less, which can be a problem working on some photos. However, i am not 100% sure and someone else can address this better.

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow