Started Jul 5, 2013 | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marty4650
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,574Gear list
Like?
Why did you buy a M4/3 camera?
Jul 5, 2013

Micro Four Thirds has become the most popular MILC camera type in a relatively short time. But it doesn't serve the same purpose for every user. Some users have become exclusive M4/3 users while others continue to use other formats too.

Generally speaking, there is a lot to like about the size and weight, the good image quality, and the wide lens selection. But there are also many who bought into the system, but still prefer cameras with OVFs and better ergonomics. And while some of the lenses are very good, they may not be as good as the lenses you were previously using.

So, which group do you fall into?

Marty4650's gear list:Marty4650's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +5 more
POLL
I really like the smaller format. The size suits me perfectly, and the lenses are good enough for my needs. This will be my only system.
50.0% 115  votes
I like the smaller format. But this will be my second system. This is an ideal walkaround and travel camera, but I still want a DSLR for the ergonomics and the OVF.
20.4% 47  votes
I don't mind the smaller size. It is a good compromise between size, weight and image quality. The fast primes are really nice. No camera is perfect.
9.6% 22  votes
I don't mind the smaller size, but I wish there were more weather sealed lenses and more long primes. But hopefully they will come in the future.
1.3% 3  votes
I don't like the small size. But this was the only way I could get a modern sensor for my 4/3 lenses. I would have preferred a new 4/3 DSLR but there was none to be had.
3.0% 7  votes
Some other reason
15.7% 36  votes
  Show results
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow