Started Jun 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
Forum ProPosts: 10,968Gear list
Like?
Re: I'm intrigued -- no response
In reply to Richard B., Jul 5, 2013

Richard B. wrote:

Hi Geoff,

Sandvox was fairly heavily promoted as a replacement for iWeb when Apple stopped development on that product, so it may not be news to many.

I use Sandvox for my history web site www.sussexcastles.com, it works very nicely for a basic web site. I don't use it for online photo galleries, as there are better choices here for presentation of photographs and integration with desktop editing tools.

Impressive site, Richard, ith a huge amount of research, image collection, etc.

I suspect a lot of drive has gone out of the individal website market because of the rise and rise of facebook et al.

However, I am using Sandvox v.2 as a professional tool and finding it does an excellent job.

A bit of humor -- one of the reasons I moved to Sandvox was its more search engine friendly code and its Google integration.

The first site I rebuilt in it is my private promotion for Rabaul/Kokopo, www.rabaulpng.com. After pretty much finalizing it and publishing it, I had need to do a Google search for something that was within tis purview. There was rabaulpng.com right there, the fifth reference on the first Google page.

Only thing was, that was the old site which I had just taken down.

Sod's law, eh! 

However, I'm expecting the new site to perform much better within a few weeks.

Cheers, geoff

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow