Is the information in the viewfinder too dim to read?

Started Jun 28, 2013 | Polls thread
salamander1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,027
Like?
Re: I totally agree.
In reply to Rick Knepper, Jul 5, 2013

Rick Knepper wrote:

salamander1 wrote:

Rick Knepper wrote:

RS_RS wrote:

....it should be possible for the user to make the display brighter.

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, non-professional, shooting for pleasure, check my profile for gear list and philosophy. TJ said, "Every generation needs a new revolution".

information in the viewfinder is never too dim for me to read even in the strongest light. it has never been an issue. have owned a 5D3 for little over a year now. best camera there is.

I ended up buying the 5D3 - a great financial deal accelerated the decision-making for me. This was the only lingering "issue" I could not find through DPR searches so I thought I'd explore the new polling feature DPR recently rolled out. I don't think this issue, which affects just some of us, would have stopped me from the purchase given the price I paid.

I've only had the 5D3 for 48 hours and I am taking it out for tests later today. Operationally, it is the best Canon camera I've ever owned considering my particular history with DSLRs, eg Canon cameras through all three 5 series cams & a Digi Reb (ie never owned a 1 series cam). But, I have had the pleasure of many of its features in the form of Nikon cameras for several years, and these features have been available for some years now (adequate fps, more than one cross type AF, electronic level, sensible bracketing choices, not to mention other small value-added features still unavailable on a 5 series camera, and probably many features I am not aware of because they do not affect the type of photography I pursue). This is not to say that Canon cameras have features Nikon cameras (D3x & D800E) do not have.

We'll see if the IQ is satisfying (for my purposes) later today.

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, non-professional, shooting for pleasure, check my profile for gear list and philosophy. TJ said, "Every generation needs a new revolution".

good stuff. submit an experience report on your first day with the camera.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
EVFNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow