Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Inkjet printer any good?

Started Feb 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Johnyguy
Regular MemberPosts: 192
Like?
Re: Question about the rebate
In reply to jtoolman, Jul 5, 2013

jtoolman wrote:

aman74 wrote:

Thanks, it's unfortunate about the aftermarket cart situation. Having to worry about the print head and replacing all carts when one color goes low isn't my idea of fun. I guess I'll have to decide if it's worth the hassle or not.

My idea of fun is actually NOT changing the complete set when one goes down to empty.

Think about what actually tends to happen when you only change one cart at a time as they each go empty. Eventually you will be CONSTANTLY changing carts after every few prints. As you begin to regularly print, you will use colors at different rates and before you know it you enter into what I call the DOMINO effect. That is where one carts is empty and another is almost empty. As soon as you insert your new cart, the printer will perform a purging cycle and the next almost empty cart will now be registered as empty and so on and so on. Oh and guess where ALL this WASTE inks goes. Right into your waste ink pads. And to make matters worse, there is no way in hell you are going to able to reset the counter and change these waste pads yourself unless you know how to completely disassemble the PRO-100.

If you have it done professionally, it will cost you more than the new printer. So the moral is to avoid all the purging cycles that you will put your PRO-100 ( or any other printer ) through, by just replacing the complete set when on goes empty. You will reduce the cart replacement and purging cycles by a factor equal to the # of carts in your systems. You will extend the life of your waste pads by an equal factor. Besides, the PRO-100 hardly ever will need to have a head clean cycle run.

Trust me on this. I am successfully running over 15 large format Epson and Canon printers in my shop.

Joe

Joe do you know if the canon pro 100 has waste pads or waste tank?

Thanks

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow