Re: Canon EOS 6D or Nikon D600 - which is best in (my) real world
In reply to Bamboojled, Jul 5, 2013

Bamboojled wrote:

rrccad wrote:

ultimitsu wrote:

biza43 wrote:

ultimitsu wrote:

biza43 wrote:

Again, better spec and "innovation" do not make a great photo.

Assuming it is the same person with the same skill taking pictures, can you elaborate why better spec and "innovation" do not make a better photo?

For my photography, a solid tripod and a sharp lens are much more important than what is sometimes perceived as being the critical success factors in photography.

That is not an answer. the question is why better spec and "innovation" do not make a better photo? Not why a tripod and a sharp lens might be more important.

there's nothing innovative about the D600. I know you are here defending your gear selection choice but really - how people can and will exact the most of their gear is entire subjective.

in 99.9% of the cases the better photo comes from 12 inches behind the camera - only a fool thinks that a better camera will immediately take a better photo.

You are right, all those features have been or are already available on most NIKON cameras, the innovativeness is that it is included at the price point of the D600...

That whole 12 inches behind the camera is the biggest cop out, and the go to statement for people that are defending cameras with crippled feature set.

Thats like saying my Toyota is just as good as your Porsche if I have a Formula 1 driver behind the wheel of my car. That statement does not change that one car has better performance than the other car.

That statement is very close to the truth.

DSHAPK's gear list:DSHAPK's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 650D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6 II USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow