why is this not sharp ? please help me

Started Jul 4, 2013 | Questions thread
Michel J
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,009Gear list
Like?
Re: Sorry, at 1600 you are on the limit,
In reply to Ron Poelman, Jul 5, 2013

Ron Poelman wrote:

It's a nice shot but, who cares if the eyelashes aren't sharp ?

I also don't know why the O.P. don't like this photo.

ALL is a question of interpretation after all,.

• The sharpness is on his hand/fingers, what is important, because we can perceive also that the sharpness is voluntarily at this (other) "right place" (since we know, childrens of is age is on the way to discover the world with his fingers.)
  • it's also just a question of different values and/or what the picture represent according to our individual culture of image.
  • in this picture, having some softness on his face make sense with this candid attitude!
  • I also like the mother (i presume) in the blur background.
  • The most beautiful light is on the right side of his hand, what fit perfectly with the DOF area.
  • Last but not least, it's this kind of situation what I would use "Focus lock" for a better control of DOF and sharpness, and the A99 have a dedicated button for that;

Very beautiful shot imho.

Regards,

-- hide signature --

Michel J
« Having the latest gear is nice, but great photographers don't have to have it. They can shoot good stuff with anything »

Michel J's gear list:Michel J's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A37 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow