Police out of control or were they justified?

Started Jul 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Great Bustard
Forum ProPosts: 23,814
Like?
Re: Watch it again
In reply to Wheatfield, Jul 4, 2013

Wheatfield wrote:

Brian D. Schneider wrote:

Those police officers did not, repeat NOT approach him until after he made his comment about the lack of black officers on scene.

What is illegal about that? Ever heard of the first amendment?

You can even tell a cop to f off, that's protected free speech.

If you refuse to acknowledge that, then you are part of the problem also.

This man created the confrontation and he got arrested for it. On top of that, he refused to secure his dog who then got shot. Perhaps the officer that got bit, should sue him. After all, he can!!!!

That's the ONLY thing he did wrong. + the loud music.

The problem they are having in the USA is that the police is indoctrinated into an us vs them mentality where the police exist to "serve and protect" themselves with little regard for the citizens who pay their freight.

I suspect the reason why there is such an uproar about this has as much to do with the police in the USA starting to have an almost routine disregard for the rights of the citizens, and what seems like a standing policy to shoot dogs whenever possible. This particular incident just highlights, once again, the fact that American police forces are turning into a sadistic group of jack booted thugs. A normal person would have found some way to have not shot the guy's dog. It takes quite a sociopath to shoot and kill an animal the way that particular cop shot and killed that particular dog.

One hopes that at some point in the future, someone shoots and kills a member of that cop's family, preferably in front of him, and preferably in such a way that the family member (hopefully a child) dies in great pain with the cop forced to look helplessly on. This would be justice served for that cop.

I'm not sure that's fair to say.  Most cops are (hopefully) simply professionals doing their job.  Sure, they will make mistakes on occasion, and it's unfair to expect them to be perfect.  On the other hand, I think it's fair that they would act more professionally than your average John Q. Public.

In the same vain, I would hope people would not judge Americans on the basis of how certain Americans in this forum post.  On the other hand, maybe they are representative, which would be a very sad thing.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow