Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mike cooper
Regular MemberPosts: 183
Like?
LR5 Crop question
9 months ago

I have a question about cropping photos.  Whenever I take pictures for people I always ask what size they want the final prints to be.  That makes it easy for me to crop the photos and include the key elements of the shot.

What I would like to know is how do wedding or event photographers (where you deliver 100s of shots) crop the shots - what aspect ratio do you use when giving pictures to the client.  Does it differ for proofs and final?  Specifically, if the photos are being sold as digital images (not prints) what size do you use.  I know I can always go back and reframe a shot but it would be interesting to know if you use a standard size for everything (4x6, 5x7, 8x10, etc.) or do you let each picture stand on its own.

I shot and processed a couple of events recently (Canon 5D Mark III and LR5) and found that no single aspect ratio was best.  It was interesting to use LR5's overlay crop feature as you could see multiple finished sizes at once.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow