why is this not sharp ? please help me

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
Alan_S
Senior MemberPosts: 1,374Gear list
Like?
Re: why is this not sharp ? please help me
In reply to Philippe Laurens, 9 months ago

Philippe Laurens wrote:

cheers, I know 1.4 is really narrow. But shouldn't be a small part of the photo sharp, even on a very narrow plane ? here, can u tell where the focus was done ? I can't. I mean, I was obviously focusing on the baby face (a99 was on face detection mode), but I don't even see one tiny part sharp on the face, while the shutter speed excludes "blur coz baby moved" explanation.

Viewing 1:1 it appears to me that the very slim focal plane is either just in front of, or behind the baby's eyes -- take a look at the hair just above the forehead, am seeing some good sharpness there on a strand that appears to be sticking out over the face. Also left of the baby's face there is a small portion of the sofa that the fabric appears very sharp -- same to the far right in the white fabric.

-- hide signature --

- AlanS

Alan_S's gear list:Alan_S's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow