Canon 70D: NOT the camera of the year

Started Jul 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Adrian Van
Regular MemberPosts: 368Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon 70D: NOT the camera of the year
In reply to Future user, Jul 4, 2013

Future user wrote:

The great fact with the 70D is that, for the first time, live view AF is truly useful on a DSLR. This combined with the swivel screen, may bring some new life to the DSLR camp. Until now, you had to go mirrorless or just go manual focus. I can see some users thinking twice about jumping to mirrorless.

If the 7D mark 2 comes out this year with same system AF as 70D or better, and also has all the pro features and high build quality, and dual recording memory slots for professional video (ideally one being CF and the other SD), at a price point of 1500 to 1800, great for new starting videographers (that industry is going more and more video DSLR rigs when I ask all my peers), a 7DII that could be the Camera of the Year. Still photo shooters with 7DII and fast processors, will also realize great benefits with this tech, and its improved PDAF with live view.

We will see which is better when it comes out: Nikon D400 or Canon 7DII and which sells more to new entry pros and serious enthusiasts and existing photo and video pros. Long time coming for D400 and an update to Canon 7D. I am hopeful. 70D gives hope for 7DII.

With the right lenses to be available, if they release more, these will be fast shooting cameras indeed, overall smaller than lens systems with bigger FF cameras at prices more people could afford.

Why are they developing more Full Frame cameras when the trend is to make smaller cameras. Truly Pro APSC bodies with speed and new sensor tech, should be a good idea, and could encourage more pros to buy into those systems, provided image quality and video quality are great enough for the needs.

Adrian Van's gear list:Adrian Van's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Olympus PEN E-PL1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow