* Wed C&C (No Theme) Thread, Ed. 271, 13 07 03 *

Started Jul 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
LouHolland
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,166
Like?
Re: Big Dandilion
In reply to dave gaines, Jul 4, 2013

Dave, nice image but a bit flat. Dandelions ore often subject for studies due to there fine details and delicate structure and I know you didn't use a macrolens or extensions tubes, but an other time maybe you could use a portrait format or place the dandelion with the stem near to a diagonal. Also what possibly could helps is a higher aperture number to reveal all those very nice details into the depth of the flower and maybe a bit of more contrast will help you here.

Here in Holland is a singer with a song named "I have respect for your gray hair" and when I see a dandelion, I always think of that. It is in this way that I edited your dandelion BTW I don't like that song but it is in respect to the elders.

I also realize that taking photos and process sings a personal choice. This also means that examples and criticism are not always taken and I respect that.

It's all up to you

Here's my take on your shot which I like, otherwise I don't make this effort. It wil be removed within 5 days.

Lou

-

dave gaines wrote:

A wildflower in the local mountains. It is a very large dandelion style but taller and bigger than that. Here's the seed stage. E-5 and 14-54 lens at 23 mm, ISO 200, f/8, 1/200 sec.

-- hide signature --

Dave

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow