Started Jul 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pgphoto100
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Color space ?'s for cross communication between prints and web
Jul 4, 2013

I should know these things but I don't.   My workflow is to use Lightroom then photoshop. Everything looks great at that point. But, then my ptints don't match my monitor and the website jpegs don't match my monitor. It seems I've got 1 out of 3 right, namely the photoshop image. So, questions:

1) for Lightroom and then to photoshop, which color space for each application?   Also, I assume whatever photoshop color space I have should be the same and that I should just print from photoshop. So, can I keep the same color space from Lightroom to photoshop to print?  I currently use pro photo for LR then adobe rgb for photoshop.

2) for creating jpegs for my website, what color space?  Currently in photoshop I use adobe rgb but then the joegspegs for my website always look off.  What am I doing wrong?

My goal: to know that my photoshop image will be translated two ways: first to look the same as a print and then to look the same as a jpeg on my website.

Thanks in advance, this technical stuff is my least favorite part of photography. But if I don't learn it my displayed photos (either prints or web)  will continue to look very amateurish.

I want to improve!!  Thanks for your advice in advance

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow