Client Insists on shooting with medium format film, why? this is 2013

Started Jul 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
photolando
Senior MemberPosts: 1,689
Like?
Re: Client Insists on shooting with medium format film, why? this is 2013
In reply to Kirk Tuck, Jul 4, 2013

Kirk Tuck wrote:

um....because it still looks a lot better than digital? We still shoot some MF film for really discriminating advertising clients who was a very specific look. And, in my opinion, MF film is the only way to fly for black and white work.

-- hide signature --

Austin based advertising and portrait photographer, and author of the book series, Minimalist Lighting, and the books: Commercial Photographers Handbook, Photographic Lighting Equipment, and, LED Lighting for Digital Photographers. www.kirktuck.com

But the question at hand deals with wedding photography.  Not commercial.  WHOLE different ball game.  I can even see still doing portraits with medium and large format.

No one is saying you can't do a wedding with MF.  Of course you can.  But I think the results will be a little different than if someone shot it with dslr, or even a film slr.  MF is just not the camera of choice when it comes to grabbing action shots or capturing moments "quickly".  The "flow" is just not the same.  Slower paced, take your time kind of shots?  Of course.  No problem.

-- hide signature --

Mike Collins

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow