Fuji XE-1 post processing

Started Jul 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,370Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji XE-1 post processing
In reply to ChicagoRob, Jul 4, 2013

I have Photoshop CS6 with. ACR 8, it is okay. A few weeks ago I tried Capture One 7 Express when they had a sale and was blown away by the results and purchased it. Some will argue that with enough tweaks they will achieve similar results. Well, i found i get fantastic results with very little time or effort needed making it more fun. I then export to CS6 to finish or use my plugins... In the raw challenge in the other thread I took the sample image, opened in ACR and C1 and the results at 100% without any work was night and day. Why make more work for myself, I rather just shoot more pictures

when adobe announced the end of owning software after CS6 and renting at $20 month forever, that pushed me over the edge. CS6 is plenty powerful so that should hold me for many years, not too much new that I needed since CS4 or 5 anyway.

I suspect that with C1 8 Pro comes out I will upgrade to the Pro version for local adjustment tools. The color editor in the express version is like a mini Nik Viveza which is a pseudo local adjustment.

Today we have lots of great choices, six months ago it was mostly just Silky pix for quality conversions. If you are a mac person Irident and Aperture are worth a try

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow