Like?
Re: Canon 70D: NOT the camera of the year
In reply to Mikhail Tal, Jul 4, 2013

Mikhail Tal wrote:

Mahmoud Mousef wrote:

Mikhail Tal wrote:

Mahmoud Mousef wrote:

Mikhail Tal wrote:

It doesn't matter if there is a lag if it is small enough so as to be not perceptible to the human eye

Which camera's EVF has imperceptible lag?

Me: Future EVFs will make OVFs obsolete.

You: Which current EVFs do this?

Me: LOL

You wrote this in your first post:

So the 70D may be a nice camera, too bad canon stuck it with an OVF and mirror that the more competitive cameras will soon be able to do without (by soon I mean this fall, like Olympus, Sony, etc.)

Me: I think your concept of how close EVFs are from totally replacing optical viewfinders is highly optimistic, and that's a huge understatement.

I like how you tried to cleverly shift the point of contention from what I said (that Olympus and Sony cameras will launch cameras with functionally comparable or superior EVFs compared to current OVFs) to what you said (that OVFs will be replaced entirely). Solid effort there.
And unless you've seen and tested out the coming EVFs in question, your guess is no better than mine.

Hilarity. Read your first post again and see if my response was unreasonable or "shifting the point of contention". You can understand exactly what you said and the way it would be interpreted, but you're playing dumb now. A fine effort.

Let me pick out the gems:

"Great, so why keep the mirror and OVF at all?"

"This fall's newest generation of EVFs are surely going to drive the lastnail in the OVF coffin and turn it into a complete anacrhonism, making the 70D technologically obsolete just a few months in."

"It has been well documented that OVFs are on the verge of going the way of film, useful only for nostalgia and people who don't care about utility and functionality."

Last nail in the OVF coffin? I'm sure you can weasel your way out of this and say "oh sorry officer, I didn't mean it the way you interpreted it...I swear!"

...but it's clear what your goals are with posts like this. What is UNCLEAR is your exact point, which seems to be changing with every response, one weasel response at a time.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow