Why is my NEX not as good as RX100 or even LX5?

Started Jun 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
GaryW
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,254Gear list
Like?
Re: Why is my NEX not as good as RX100 or even LX5?
In reply to telefunk, Jul 4, 2013

telefunk wrote:

The reason I have these (as you mentioned "bad") lenses, is that I always shoot wide. I like the very wide effect. Even my wife's RX100 si not wide enough, and so it did have the advantage of being slightly more zoomed in.

I agree, the Nex 3n image is better than the LX5, but by a very small margin. Certainly not justifying the NEX claim to DSLR-like results.

So, how could I find vintage legacy glass for my Nex that is 24mm equiv, meaning 16mm for the Nex????? Other than fisheye of course.

Is the 16mm really that bad?  I also like the UWA add-on for an even wider view.

I don't think I could have gotten a photo as good as this with a P&S, even a good one.  The larger dynamic range lets you pull stuff out of the shadows.  There's a lot more detail than you can see in my downsized example.  I can't recall if this was with or without the adapter (which would make it a 12mm lens).  I also did some post-processing to enhance the colors.  I like to think I'm getting "DSLR results".

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow