Started Jul 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dick Ginkowski
Senior MemberPosts: 1,874Gear list
Like?
Refurb V1 from Cameta Camera - not a good experience
Jul 4, 2013

I did, in fact, get a second V1 body -- a manufacturer's refurbished (Nikon USA) -- from Cameta Camera in Amityville, NY.  (I did have a positive experience buying from them in the past and they are well rated but a careful examination of the resellerratings.com reviews indicate that almost all of the praiseworthy comments were made by newly registered users making their first post.)

Imagine my surprise when I found some key items missing or damaged in the box:

1. No warranty card for the lens.  There was one for the body.

2. Battery charger missing AC power cable.

3. EN-EL15 battery was beaten up, scratched, used and missing protective seals.

I have not had a chance to test the operational reliability of this camera yet -- just arrived tonight -- but the condition of what I received was not favorable, to say the least.  I shot an E-mail to Cameta but nonetheless this is an unacceptable situation -- these deficiencies should have been noted and corrected by Nikon first and, if they missed it, by Cameta.

Not please with either Nikon or Cameta at this point.  And the suspicious reviews are also of concern.

Buyer beware.  I'll see what Cameta but anything short of completely and immediately taking care of what was missing or damaged is unacceptable.

Dick Ginkowski's gear list:Dick Ginkowski's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D Nikon 1 V1 Fujifilm X-E1 +20 more
Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow