* Wed C&C (No Theme) Thread, Ed. 271, 13 07 03 *

Started Jul 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Zindanfel
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,539
Like?
Re: "Giant step for mankind"
In reply to Geoy, Jul 4, 2013

Geoy wrote:

I like the colour and scene and celebrations; the huge bone-like foot sculpture frames an affectionate couple in embrace and imparts a bit of mistery - it pauses me to reflect, that life with all it's ups and downs is a great adventure, and an occasion of this nature is a "giant step for mankind".

.Geoy.

People are the spice in this potpourri of lines and shapes, but because they are small they struggle for visibility. I think that the people element would be more assertive in the overall composition by making two small crops:

1. Crop off about half the left-most piece of sculpture.  Half as much says as much. This moves the couple closer to the "beginning" of the picture, where they will be noticed sooner.

2. Crop off the right side just to the right of the elbow of the woman in lavender gown. This would eliminate the jarring red spot on the right margin and enhance mystery by having the woman (she is in an apprehensive posture) staring out-of-frame.

Good eye, to see this.

-- hide signature --

Zin

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow