Charge 7.2v FZ200 battery with external battery pack???

Started Jul 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kendelmar
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
Charge 7.2v FZ200 battery with external battery pack???
Jul 4, 2013

I have a FZ200 with a couple of batteries and two charging units.   One of them (the non-OEM) has a pin type connector for charging with a car charger.

We are going to the Amazon in Peru and it appears that electrical power will be quite limited - perhaps only a couple of hours a day.   I fear not being able to charge my camera batteries and went looking for an external battery pack that could do this.

Anker makes a 14400mah and a 20000 mah external battery pack.

The issue is that it charges using 9v.   Anker cannot/will not tell me whether this is a problem since my camera battery is 7.2v.

They recommended contacting Panasonic.   (I love Apple and absolutely dread trying to get help from any other company).  Panasonic's standard line is: it is not recommended.   That said, I really don't think that the person I was talking to had ANY idea of what she was talking about since she also said that the 14400 mah was also a problem.   I am reasonable certain this is not an issue, but I could be wrong.

So:

has anybody tried this?      if so, what equipment did you use?    is the 9v a problem when charging a 7.2v battery?  I welcome all thoughts, suggestions and recommendations.   Yes I know I could buy a bunch of batteries...but they are so expensive and this charger is $60.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow