* Wed C&C (No Theme) Thread, Ed. 271, 13 07 03 *

Started Jul 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
19andrew47
Forum ProPosts: 11,569Gear list
Like?
Re: A Paul Dibble Scultpure
In reply to Midwest, Jul 3, 2013

While I understand your point, if you don't take a shot of it and it is not something you see every day, then the only thing you have left is your memory of it.  At my age I appreciate seeing something I may never see in person.  That is the reason art books exist is it not?  Now making an image of a piece of art work is completing an exercise in making it more accessible for others.  As well, I know all too well that memories fade and images taken can restore lost memories!

A well taken and processed image is always just that.  The content has meaning for some and not for others.  Making an image of a work of art, a building, an automobile, a living creature or people passing by, or a landscape .... all pretty much the same thing.  It is how you make it, process it and envision it that separates one from another.

This could be my two cents but the Canadian government has stopped producing pennies so I need a new expression.

Andrew

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow