New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Re: Advice re wide angle 28mm 2.8 AIS or 24mm 2.8 AIS
In reply to user_name, 9 months ago

user_name wrote:

28mm f/2.8 AIS is the best bet.

I have the f/3.5 and it is crap.

The 24mm are not as sharp as the 28mm.

Yes it is a 9 month old post. But the 28mm F3.5 is far from crap and if someone has a crappy one then they need to try another sample before condemning a version? In fact a rough looking sample that is well used is often a good sign regarding the F3.5. Clean minty looking samples are a warning. Lenses that are well used become well used for a reason. I agree with the rest of the post. The 3.5 sample that is working correctly is a phenom, glare and ghost non-existent. Superb night lens and sunset lens. You can stop the 3.5 down to f22 and get better results over the 2.8 crc version. There is a plus and minus to each lens. I have also found the 3.5 to work better in daylight with a polarizer than the 2.8 giving much better depth and contrast and "landscape" focus. It's so inexpensive and so over-looked it is worth having one. With both lenses the plus side to the Nikkor 28mm bar is very very high now......

Variables, those things completely left out of 10 second evaluations, remarkably accepted and then shared with others as fact. Negative Sensationalism the antithesis of Ken Rockwell....

Sample version, sample version....... "crap" is for a sample I sold not the lens version itself and I sell "crap" cheap....very cheap and certainly don't let it pile

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow