RM3
RM3
Forum MemberPosts: 74
Like?
Re: HX50V zoom stability?
In reply to ron2000, Jul 3, 2013

ron2000 wrote:

RM3 wrote:

Amsterdam Central Station on a cloudy day. The photo is not zoomed at all. The second photo is zoomed to max 30X, it is the clock on the right hand tower in the first photo. The 3rd uses clear image zoom at 60X. They are all hand held standing in the same spot. The pixel peeper police complain about the quality but I am very happy with the results.

Please clarify, exifs showed that your middle picture was 15x and the last one 30x.

ron2000-

I am not a photographer, I take snapshots for fun. The exif info I have does not show detailed zoom information. When I took those photos I was using Superior Auto with Clear Image Zoom set to "ON" and the first shot of the station used no zoom. (Resolution was set to 20M for all 3 shots which is the maximum for this camera.) For the second shot I zoomed until the slider bar on the screen reached the limit bar between normal zoom and Clear Image Zoom. At that point it said "30X". For the 3rd shot I extended the zoom to the end of the slider bar and it then said "60X". If I right click at the photos in Windows 7 and select “Properties”; “Details”; the first photo shows a focal length of 4mm, the 2 photo shows a focal length of 68mm, and the 3 photo shows a focal length of 129mm. The 1 and 2 photos show “”Digital Zoom 1” and the 3 shows “Digital Zoom 2”. I feel that the 30X and 60X figures I used in my post are fairly accurate when compared to the zoom power of previous cameras I have owned.

Hope that helps!

RM3

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow