Ricoh GR or Nikon Coolpix A (if money is no object) ?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
Logan3-1639
Regular MemberPosts: 132Gear list
Like?
Re: Ricoh GR or Nikon Coolpix A (if money is no object) ?
In reply to GXRuser, 9 months ago

If I was invested in a Nikon dSLR system, I would choose the Nikon A due to the similarity of the button controls and the menu structure.

My first DSLR was a Nikon D50. Eventually I upgraded to the D90 and later the D7000, but I chose the Ricoh GR and I have no regrets whatsoever. Even if the Coolpix A and GR were the same price I would have chosen the GR. A small part of the reason I chose the GR over the A is sentimental: my first 35mm film camera was a Ricoh rangefinder.

I've always favored compact cameras. At a time when many of my peers were using Nikon Fs and Canon AE-1s, my first SLR was the Olympus OM-1. I chose it partly because of the great reviews it was getting and because it was compact and weighed substantially less than the AE-1 or the F. I loved the OM-1, maybe as much as I now love the Ricoh GR.

I don't know if the GR is the best camera I've ever owned, but it's definitely my favorite.

Logan3-1639's gear list:Logan3-1639's gear list
Ricoh GR Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow