Ricoh GR or Nikon Coolpix A (if money is no object) ?

Started Jul 2, 2013 | Questions thread
Ray Sachs
Senior MemberPosts: 9,444Gear list
Like?
Re: Ricoh GR or Nikon Coolpix A (if money is no object) ?
In reply to fooddudeone, Jul 3, 2013

fooddudeone wrote:

I checked out the A recently in J&R and Best Buy for curiosity.. thing is an ugly brick. Odd to hold, lacks a decent grip, super awkward placement of dials (needs 2 hand operation), bulky, heavy, bigger. I'd honestly pay much more for the GR.

Ugly brick is obviously in the eye of the beholder - I don't find the A or the GR much to look AT. But spending a couple of minutes in Best Buy doesn't tell you any more about the A than it would the GR. I use mine one handed about 98-99% of the time. Every now and then, when I need a seldom used control, I use the "I" button and this is somewhat easier to navigate with two hands, but I honestly don't find the A any more awkward to operate than any of the three Ricoh's I've owned and/or shot with. No problem with anyone preferring either for whatever reasons, but I find your statement to be enough of a mis-characterization to respond. I agree that the Ricoh feels better in the hand - than almost ANYTHING else I've shot with. But the Nikon isn't at all bad in this respect, just not as good...

-Ray
--------------------------------------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow