Ricoh GR or Nikon Coolpix A (if money is no object) ?

Started Jul 2, 2013 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Ray Sachs
Forum ProPosts: 10,248Gear list
Re: Ricoh GR or Nikon Coolpix A (if money is no object) ?
In reply to fooddudeone, Jul 3, 2013

fooddudeone wrote:

I checked out the A recently in J&R and Best Buy for curiosity.. thing is an ugly brick. Odd to hold, lacks a decent grip, super awkward placement of dials (needs 2 hand operation), bulky, heavy, bigger. I'd honestly pay much more for the GR.

Ugly brick is obviously in the eye of the beholder - I don't find the A or the GR much to look AT. But spending a couple of minutes in Best Buy doesn't tell you any more about the A than it would the GR. I use mine one handed about 98-99% of the time. Every now and then, when I need a seldom used control, I use the "I" button and this is somewhat easier to navigate with two hands, but I honestly don't find the A any more awkward to operate than any of the three Ricoh's I've owned and/or shot with. No problem with anyone preferring either for whatever reasons, but I find your statement to be enough of a mis-characterization to respond. I agree that the Ricoh feels better in the hand - than almost ANYTHING else I've shot with. But the Nikon isn't at all bad in this respect, just not as good...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow