Alan_S
Senior MemberPosts: 1,486Gear list
Like?
Re: Photoshop CS4 Doesn't Do RAW
In reply to Gary Eickmeier, Jul 3, 2013

Gary Eickmeier wrote:

Alan_S wrote:

Gary Eickmeier wrote:

Yes, and the Elements 11 with the ACR incorporated makes it very convenient. But this Canfield book I am reading says that Photoshop CS4 also includes ACR, but I just cannot find it. It is listed under Plug-ins, but it just isn't anywhere to be found. I try to import a RAW image into CS4 and it tells me cannot import file, wrong type. Anyone know how to gain this functionality in PS CS4?

-- hide signature --

Gary Eickmeier

Photoshop CS4 doesn't support Sony a77 RAW files, you'll need CS-5 or 6 (need 6 for a99). Adobe provides a work-around if you don't want to upgrade, or if you want to try the work-around before deciding to upgrade. They have a free dng converter you can download. Batch convert your AWR files to DNG and they will work in CS-4. I did that briefly before deciding to upgrade. When I got the a99 I had to upgrade to CS-6. One of the downfalls of using Adobe.

-- hide signature --

- AlanS

OK, well, that answers my question but doesn't solve my problem completely. I want the kind of integration with Photoshop that I have with Elements 11. I don't want to have to open the file in two separate programs. In fact, I have the DNG converter already, but I really don't need it any more.

-- hide signature --

Gary Eickmeier

Yeah, I didn't like it either, but bit the bullet and went ahead and upgraded because I really like the integration of Adobe Bridge (for organizing, initial triage (sorting keepers/deleters), exif editing (batch addition of copyright info, descriptions, keywords), batch re-naming, batch copy/paste of RAW develop settings), then on to ACR (where 90% of the time I'm done), and the option to go on to Photoshop for final touch up. I've tried several others but always come back to Adobe.

-- hide signature --

- AlanS

Alan_S's gear list:Alan_S's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow