How does a 2009 MBP screen compare to New iMac?

Started Jun 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Greg Eddinger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,109
Like?
Re: iMac for glossy, mini + NEC for matte
In reply to Basalite, Jul 3, 2013

Basalite wrote:

Jacques Cornell wrote:

If you like glossy displays, the iMac would seem to be a good choice. I prefer matte displays and wouldn't give up my NEC display (PA271) for anything.

The new iMac's display is quite different from last year's. Glare for example has been reduced by 75% and without the loss of picture quality you get from matte displays.

Ok, I made the 1 hour trip down to Apple this evening.   The 27" is something that would allow me to be more productive on with multiple windows open. Again, I literally only had time for about 2 minutes to get an impression of the 27". That screen was very impressive. Not only is it large, it's very clear and clean. Reflections seems muted compared to my wifes 2008 24" iMac. I went in wanting to confirm that the mini was going to be good enough. I never felt the iMacs were the stuff. After seeing that 27" in person I'm sold, or as Tim Allen would put it,, Arrrh, Arrrh. It really is an actual computer with a very good screen. If I can scape up the cash, it's going to find itself in my home very soon. BTW, I also have to buy 2 MBPs for my twin daughters heading off UCLA and Berkeley so I've got to use my money wisely.

-- hide signature --

Gregory Eddinger
Those that believe they can, CAN, because they BELIEVE!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow