How does a 2009 MBP screen compare to New iMac?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: iMac for glossy, mini + NEC for matte
In reply to Jacques Cornell, 9 months ago

Jacques Cornell wrote:

Greg Eddinger wrote:

At this point I'm leaning toward the mini due to it's value and ability to be placed away from a microphone but an iMac with iOS 7 might tip me the other way. At this point the only variables that are keeping me from a final decision is will my Lacie 321 drivers work with the mini and if not can I get a good large monitor for under $500?

A refurbished NEC 24" EA244 with IPS panel is currently available direct from NEC for $309. See all of NEC's refurbished displays here:

http://www.necdisplay.com/category/desktop-monitors?Refurbished=1

As for your LaCie Blue Eye, even if updated drivers are available for newer versions of OS X, the calibration software and hardware will only work with LaCie displays. If you want to calibrate an iMac or third-party display, you'll need a new calibration kit. The X-rite i1 Display Pro ($249) seems to be the way to go these days for cross-brand support.

If you like glossy displays, the iMac would seem to be a good choice. I prefer matte displays and wouldn't give up my NEC display (PA271) for anything.

The new iMac's display is quite different from last year's. Glare for example has been reduced by 75% and without the loss of picture quality you get from matte displays.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow